The easiest way to get verified on social media, is by having a strong organically following. Some people think being verified means that’s your a celebrity, but in reality is just means you are who you say you are and the social media platform has confirmed your identity. In regarding Instagram verification for a musician, the easiest way is to be a well known public figure, your account must have a little bit of popularity in engagement, the artist has music in all stores, including Spotify, Apple Music, a google knowledge panel, a personal website with your artist name dot com, and at least 5 major credible press links.
- Authentic: does your account represent a real person, registered business, or brand? You cannot be a meme page or a fan account.
- Unique: only one account per person or business can get Instagram verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
- Public: private Instagram accounts do not qualify for verification.
- Complete: do you have a complete bio, profile photo, and at least one post?
- Notable: this is where things get subjective, but Instagram defines a notable name as one that is “well-known” and “highly searched for.”
How to apply to get verified on Instagram: 6 steps
The verification process on Instagram is actually quite simple:
- Go to your profile and tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap Request Verification
- Fill in the application form.
- Your legal name
- Your “known as” or working name (if applicable)
- Select your category or industry (for example: blogger/influencer, sports, news/media, business/brand/organization, etc.)
- You also need to submit a photo of your official government ID. For individuals, that could be a driver’s license or passport. For businesses, a utility bill, an official business document, or tax filings will do.
- Tap Send.
According to Instagram, after their team reviews your application, you’ll receive a response in your notifications tab. Because of historical and ongoing issues with scammers, Instagram is very clear that they will never email you, ask for money, or otherwise reach out.
Within a few days or a week, you’ll receive a direct yes or no. No feedback or explanation.
Than you can go to the form on Instagram and apply, you just put the links that say optional and put 5 press links / new stories, and hit request verification.
More from Uncategorized
Q.) What is your name/stage name? A.) “CodeanX6” Q.) Where are you located? A.) “Buffalo, New York.” Q.) What is the meaning behind your …
Blu Youngin | Conway, South Carolina | Artist Q.) What is your name/stage name? A.) ”Novierre Marqueese Daisy , Blu Youngin." Q.) Where …