1. How would you describe your musical style?
“It’s me. I have my own sound and style. I’d call myself a Hip Pop artist. I don’t stuck to any one genre. I promote the lgbtq+ community, equality, mental health awareness, and self love.”
2. What is the first album you owned?
“It was actually a TLC tape. CrazySexyCool.”
3. How do you prepare before going up on stage?
“I usually practice my set a few times, drink a lot of water, and pray just before I get up on stage.”
4. If we’re going to buy you a drink, what should it be?
“Bang energy or water.”
5. What’s a song that has been stuck in your head these days?
“Thot Sh*t by Meg Thee Stallion.”
6. Who’s your favorite artist?
7. Tell us about the first song you made. Was it a success or a failure?
“It was actually an album, #SummerBaecation and it was a massive flop. I didn’t promote it. One song got online radio play but that’s it.”
8. What is the story behind KARMAA?
“The name was created for two reasons. I mashed my first and middle name together (MAriAh KARen) and because my parents always said treat others the way you want to be treated because either way karma will catch you.”
9.If you could pick one or the other what would you choose, the money or the fame?
“The money. I want to live debt free and have my family debt free. Fame sounds like it’d be great but celebrities go through so much mental trauma simply for being in the spotlight.”
10.If you could go back in time or in the future which one would you choose and why?
“I’d go to the future. I’d rather know what’s coming then what’s been.”
@catchmekarmaa on all socials
More from Feature
Hip-Hop Artist Errol Allen is as good as they come. Residing in Louisiana, the home of some very successful hip-hop …