1. How would you describe your musical style? I would my music as upbeat party music and adding additional mood music for all occasions.
2. What is the first album you owned? “Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood” DMX
3. How do you prepare before going up on stage? I prepare for a show with a quick prayer and listening to all the songs I’m going to do on the way to my show to get it right
4. If we’re going to buy you a drink, what should it be? Anytime I got to the bar I either get “Long Island Tea” and two “ Coronas”
5. What’s a song that has been stuck in your head these days? I’ve been listening to a lot of old “ PND” so it would be west side district on my playlist a lot.
6. Who’s your favorite artist? I don’t really have a favorite at the moment because I listen to a lot of people. Anybody that’s stays consistent and dropping fire is my favorite.
7. Tell us about the first song you made. Was it a success or a failure? First song I made was called “Bout Mine” I wouldn’t call it a failure it was more of a learning experience I’ve definitely fixed where I lacked at back then in my today’s music.
8. What is the story behind your music? The story behind Deon Starz is basically is happy kid story. I came up in a good home that had to face adversity but I was blessed with a mom that kept me away from seeing a lot of things. Growing up in my teenage years I could of done better in a lot things and made better decisions, but I feel if you live through the bad decisions you made you can also learn a lesson from them. I started taking rap seriously when I was 18 trying to make a way for myself and experimenting with sounds cause that’s just person that I am and it’s been pretty good for me as of late. Long story short about me is that I am a hustler and I get it by any means and I feel failure isn’t really an options if others have done it before. Feel me?
9.If you could pick one or the other what would you choose, the money or the fame? Definitely money. People say the root of evil is money but the root of the evil is what you do with the money and the people who are surrounded around you and your money. So definitely Fame.
10.If you could go back in time or in the future which one would you choose and why? I would go to the future my past is the past and it made me who I am today so whatever happened already was meant too. If I could go in the future I would have everything set in place for my present self to come into something great.
More from Feature
"The Young Artist Showcase" has been going on for many years. This is the second annual event according to recent …